- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- St. Maarten
The change fee is waived if you:
- Booked an American Airlines flight
- Bought your ticket on or before March 17, 2020
- Are scheduled to travel March 16 – May 31, 2020
- Can travel March 16 – December 31, 2020 or within 1 year of date the ticket was issued, whichever is earlier.
Keep in mind, you may owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
Change your trip or cancel and rebook later
You’re allowed to make changes to your trip once. You can change it now, or cancel and rebook later.
Keep in mind:
- Travel must start by December 31, 2020 or within 1 year of date the ticket was issued, whichever is earlier.
- The change fee will be waived but you may still owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
Change or cancel online
- Find your trip
- If your trip is eligible, you’ll see ‘Change trip’ or ‘Cancel trip’ in the top toolbar
We’ll send an email that includes your ticket number after you cancel your trip. Keep this handy so you can refer to it when you call to rebook.
Call to rebook
After you cancel your trip online, please call Reservations when you’re ready to rebook. You’ll need:
- Your ticket number (American tickets have a 13-digit number that begins with ’001’)
- Your 6-character confirmation (also called a ‘Record Locator’)